Almost everyone has played games with the Gameloft loading symbol at the beginning on their mobile screens. A company developed by the co-founder of Ubisoft, Gameloft is the organization we'll be taking a detailed look at in this blog. In this blog, we will learn about Gameloft's history and how it evolved over the years.
With the advent of new developers and publishers in the market every coming day, it is necessary for existing names to innovate their policies and methods as per the trends. In this blog, we're going to talk about one such mobile game publishing company that changed the face of mobile gaming. A French Video game publishing company based in Paris, Gameloft SE was founded in 1999. Gameloft operates 17 video game development studios worldwide.
Gameloft operates the most complete distribution network in the digital game industry with direct partnerships with over 327 carriers in over 148 countries. Further in this blog, we will discuss not only Gameloft’s history but also its growth through the past 2 decades.
History of Gameloft
Gameloft was founded by Michel Guillemot, one of the five founders of Ubisoft, on 14 December 1999. By February 2009, Gameloft had shipped over 200 million copies of its games since its IPO, as well as 2 million daily downloads of its games via the App Store for iOS. Gameloft's chief financial officer (CFO), Alexandre de Rochefort, noted that the company's games generated about 400 times more revenue on iOS than on Android, partially because Google did not develop its Google Play storefront to "entice customers to actually buy products"; as a result of which Gameloft heavily cut its investments in Android games development in November 2009. In July 2010, Gameloft instead attempted to sell Android games directly through its website, avoiding the use of Google Play.
In October 2015, French media conglomerate Vivendi announced that they had acquired a 6.2% stake in Gameloft's stock, which was quickly raised to 10.2% a few days later. By February 2016, Vivendi had acquired 30% of the company and launched a hostile takeover bid. In accordance with French law, Vivendi started a tender offer to acquire further shares.
Games by Gameloft
While the most widely known game by Gameloft might be Asphalt racer to most of us but here is a list of some other popular games that were developed or published by Gameloft. The games managed to create an impact on the market.
• March of Empires: War of Lords - Build your thriving kingdom, amass powerful armies and become an emperor in a medieval MMO strategy game full of war, intrigue, and conquest!
• Asphalt 9: Legends: Legendary cars to collect and customize. Race with the most amazing speed machines handpicked among world-renowned manufacturers. Upgrade their stats, pick the color of their brake calipers or add carbon parts and more, to fully customize your rides.
• War Planet Online: Global Conquest: When the entire world is at war, bold generals rise to the challenge by bringing out the big guns. Take action in the most exciting MMO real-time strategy game!
• Dragon Mania Legends: This game allows multiplayer play and is not subject to Xbox Live Family Settings. Microsoft shares User IDs and gamertags. Hundreds of dragons are waiting for you to build them a home, take care of them and help them grow from cute little hatchlings into powerful warriors.
• Modern Combat 5: Blackout: A quick multiplayer is right around the download. Choose from a variety of game modes, classes, armors, and weapons; you name it, we've got it! Bring your friends or play against them, ranked or casual.
Statistics and insights
Statistics always give a clear picture of the current situation of any company. In this section, let us take a look at some of the important insights from Gameloft's world.
- Over the last three months, gameloft.com's global ranking has increased from 7,133 to 5,122.
- gameloft.com's audience is 67.66% male and 32.34% female. The largest age group of visitors is 18 - 24-year-olds.
- Gameloft Business Solutions provides customized gaming packages and subscription-based offers with carrier-billing solutions in 145 countries around the world.
These statistics prove that despite the takeover of Vivendi, Gameloft has maintained its popularity in the market.
We hope this blog provided you with an insight into the working Gameloft and how it created its way to the top in this competitive industry.
You can also head to Tournafest's official YouTube channel for informative videos related to gaming and the Esports industry!
Comment below your views about the blog!
If you enjoyed reading this blog, you might also like to read about other blogs from Tournafest from varying genres of the gaming industry
If you enjoy playing video games, you might want to download the Tournafest app from Google Play or the App Store to compete in Esports Tournaments and Scrims for games such as BGMI, Free Fire MAX, Pokemon unite, CS:GO, CODM:MP, Valorant and Call of Duty and win exciting prizes! You may also organize tournaments and fetch unmatched perks.
Stay tuned for more and we will see you later!
Until next time,