Ever heard of streaming games online just like you stream your favorite shows? In this ever-changing world with advancements in technology every coming day, this shouldn’t come off as a surprise to anyone. From Metaverse to flying cars, tech has done it all and will do even more in the near future. Similar is the case with video games and the rapidly growing Esports industry. We have all heard of AR and VR gaming. In this blog, we’ll talk about Cloud Gaming in detail.
What is meant by Cloud Gaming?
Cloud gaming, sometimes called gaming on demand or gaming-as-a-service, is a type of online gaming that runs video games on remote servers and streams them directly to a user's device. In simpler words, it’s like playing a game remotely from a cloud service. It is seen as advantageous because of multiple reasons, the primary being the decrease in the use of different devices. It is playing your favorite games online on any device. Isn’t that much more convenient and really GenZ of us? But how would you justify technology if it isn’t even that feasible?
The idea of Cloud Gaming has been under work for years and now, it is finally becoming a reality for all the enthusiastic gamers and streamers out there. It does sound a little bit confusing and “high-tech” but you can actually play games like this, not in a cafe or a supervised environment but from the comfort of your home.
Why shift to Cloud Gaming?
You must be wondering what’s in it for us if we switch to this completely new system of gaming. Well, we’ve got you covered there. Let’s take a look at a few benefits of Cloud Gaming:
- A safe place: Unlike regular games where we are often interrupted by hackers, cloud gaming platforms are usually heavily secured with almost no interruptions which can give you a hassle-free gaming experience.
- Minimum Resources: As mentioned earlier, cloud gaming is used to reduce the usage of multiple devices only. The limitation caused by memory requirements, graphic capacity, and processing power diminishes with cloud solutions and thus provides users, an exceptional gaming experience.
- Cost minimization: The cost requirements comparatively decrease in the cloud gaming system because in earlier mode, the companies were paying much more because of the bandwidth as traffic increases when companies release new games. Here, players can pay as they play for the resources that are used making it cheaper and a better choice for gamers.
- A wide variety of games: The gamers have a variety of choices in the games they want to play. Unlike traditional gaming, you can play more than one game even if you don’t have them installed or are in possession of their CDs. You can play multiple games at a time here.
The Cloud Gaming system has given the companies and developers a chance to focus more on creating good content for the gamers instead of spending time thinking about the hardware and devices that would be needed for their games. This is one of the most revolutionary steps in the history of gaming and it will make things much easier for the future generation.
Recent developments in the Cloud Gaming world
As cloud gaming has taken the gaming world by storm, let us take a look at the recent developments in the field:
- “Xbox officially announces its cloud gaming division – led by Portal director: Microsoft has always been keen to push cloud gaming after it was introduced to Xbox consoles this past Christmas. Now, it’s ready to start building cloud-native games and has formed a new division for precisely that. The plan is to partner with other developers to create Xbox exclusive cloud-native games that will bring ‘unprecedented experiences to players that can only be achieved with cloud technology.” As per Metro.
- “Google Stadia is subtly reinventing itself to attract new games and gamers: At the Google for Games Developer Summit, it feels like Stadia might be moving in a promising direction — it was announced that Google will provide Free demos, free trials, free for developers to offer, and hopefully free of the friction that made Stadia a difficult investment to start. The pitch, in short, sounds like this: For developers, it’s free and easy to bring your games to Google’s cloud platform and put them in front of anyone instantly. ” As per theverge.
Let us take a look at a few interesting figures that will prove the increasing hype around cloud gaming and how it is set to be the future of the gaming world:
The global cloud gaming market size was valued at $244 million in 2020, and is projected to reach $21,954 million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 57.2% from 2021 to 2030. This is an amazing figure that shows the immense possibilities and capabilities in this field.
People play 40% more video games after joining Xbox game pass. As mentioned above, the deal between Xbox and Microsoft is opening new ways for cloud gaming gamers.
You may also download the Tournafest app from Google Play or App Store to play Esports Tournaments & Scrims of various games like BGMI, Free Fire MAX & Call of Duty & win exciting rewards! You may also organize Tournaments & fetch unmatched perks
These stats, news, and facts are reflecting on how cloud gaming is set to be the future of the gaming industry. Given the constant developments in this field by the leading companies, it is for sure expected to rise and grow to a completely new level. Cloud Gaming will still take some time to spread its roots in India and we are totally looking forward to it.
You might also like the following blog:
Until next time,